Newington HA is seeking to recruit a full-time Finance Administrator, for a period of up to 12 months maternity cover, to assist the Finance Officer in ensuring that the Association complies with all relevant regulatory, statutory and contractual requirements in relation to accounting services and will provide administration support to the team.
Essential Criteria – Candidates must have:
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including English Language
- Two years relevant experience in a finance department.
- Excellent level of IT literacy with demonstrable experience of Microsoft Office, to include word processing and Excel spreadsheet experience and working with high levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of the double entry bookkeeping system
- Experience of using Purchase and Nominal ledgers
- Experience of providing an administrative support service to management
- Experience of working with minimum supervision
- Experience of working in a team environment to achieve common goals
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Must have confidence in dealing with a wide range of professional stakeholders both internally and externally
- Self-motivated to achieve targets
- Effective planning, prioritising and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Good problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Discreet in dealing with confidential information.
Desirable Criteria – Candidates must have:
- Working knowledge of SDM accounting package.
- Previous experience of working in finance within a property / housing environment
- Availability to work outside normal office hours including evenings and some weekends.
Benefits include – NILGOSC Contributory Pension Scheme, mileage allowance and 22 days annual leave plus 11 statutory holidays.
We reserve the right to enhance the criteria to facilitate short-listing
Application packs can be obtained by contacting NHA Offices on 028 9074 4055, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Newington Housing Association
63 – 75 Duncairn Gardens
This pack is also available in alternative formats upon request.
Newington HA is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. We would particularly welcome applications from disabled persons as they are currently underrepresented within our workforce.
Closing date for completed applications is 12:00 noon Tuesday 29th September 2020