As the representative body for Northern Ireland’s registered housing associations, NIFHA works for our members to:
- As the representative body for Northern Ireland’s registered housing associations, NIFHA works for its members to
- SHOWCASE the role of quality social and affordable homes
- CAMPAIGN with policymakers to ensure the sustainability and vibrancy of the housing association sector
- ENCOURAGE COLLABORATION and the SHARING OF BEST PRACTICE across the sector
- ENGAGE with stakeholders to provide thought leadership and horizon scanning on key issues affecting the sector and its members
Related Content – Our Northern Ireland Election manifesto document
The 2021-24 Strategic Plan identifies four Strategic Pillars
- Ensuring that housing associations have the right conditions to provide new social and affordable homes. This will encompass the SHDP, infrastructure, planning, land, innovative construction and interaction with the wider social housing sector
- Ensuring the sector is there for tenants and customers by working to ensure Supporting People and the welfare system are fit for purpose for the sector’s needs, and that the sector can provide good tenant engagement and tenancy management.
- Ensuring we can play our part in combating climate change though the renovation of existing homes and the building new homes to a high environmental standard to reduce the sector’s carbon emissions
- Ensuring that that we can create and maintain sustainable tenancies and communities through a Common Selection Scheme that is fit for purpose, advocating on Housing for All and tackling ASB
- Ensuring that our members are sustainable businesses, with accountable boards and that they demonstrate value for money and showcase all that housing associations do
- Ensuring NIFHA provides a strong voice for its members and delivers on a range of focussed, relevant outputs
- Assisting our members though a range of core services such as benefit data transfers, research and statistics, sector communications and PR. NIFHA will provide training, seminars and conferences, and deal with external queries on behalf of members to provide a service that adds value, is timely and meets our members’ needs.