Its business is housing and associated care and support services, and from tiny beginnings in 1965, it has grown into a substantial organisation which provides:
- General needs housing for families and single people;
- Purpose-built accommodation for older people;
- Supported housing for people with individual needs, including those with mental ill health; learning disabilities; alcohol/drug addictions; and those who are physically disabled; and young people in need of support
- Housing support for vulnerable groups under the Supporting People programme;
- Support services for tenants and the wider community through its community investment programme;
- Community buildings under the management of local communities.
Apex works across Northern Ireland with its head office in Londonderry and an office in Belfast. It is a not-for-profit housing association, led by volunteers and works to social enterprise principles.