Apex Housing Association
Apex Housing Association is a major housing association managing a stock of some 6,000 homes, which will grow to over 7,000 when its current planned development programmes are completed.
Its business is housing and associated care and support services, and from tiny beginnings in 1965, it has grown into a substantial organisation which provides:
- General needs housing for families and single people;
- Purpose-built accommodation for older people;
- Supported housing for people with individual needs, including those with mental ill health; learning disabilities; alcohol/drug addictions; and those who are physically disabled; and young people in need of support
- Housing support for vulnerable groups under the Supporting People programme;
- Support services for tenants and the wider community through its community investment programme;
- Community buildings under the management of local communities.
Apex works across Northern Ireland with its head office at 10 Butcher Street, Londonderry and its Belfast office at 6 Cromac Place, Belfast. It is a not-for-profit housing association, led by volunteers and works to social enterprise principles. It employs almost 700 staff and through its group structure it provides affordable housing both for rent and for sale.