The Senior Procurement Officer will lead (where appropriate) and participate in large complex procurement exercises for goods, works and services on behalf of the organisation across a range of technical and corporate functions, building procurement capacity within the organisation, and ensuring delivery to KPIs; VFM and statutory compliance.
Hours: 37 per week
Location: Radius Offices, Belfast/Holywood
Salary: £35,411 (SP29) – £40,478 (SP34) per annum
To access the full criteria and to apply online, please visit www.radiushousing.org/careers. Alternatively, application packs can be obtained by contacting the Holywood reception on 028 9039 7250.
Radius Housing provides quality and affordable social housing in over 80 towns and cities throughout Northern Ireland. We provide a range of services from sheltered housing for the over 55’s and general needs housing for families and single people, as well as specialist care and support facilities for the frail, elderly, people with dementia and learning disabilities and other complex needs.
Our aim is to be an employer of choice and to recruit employees who will embrace our vision and values and fulfil our performance standards within their role.
To be shortlisted candidates need to provide evidence of the following as a minimum:
- Level six qualification (e.g. bachelor’s degree, graduate diploma) or above in a related discipline such as quantity surveying, construction, procurement, logistics & supply chain, business management etc. with 2 years relevant work experience of procuring works or services in a related environment.
A minimum of 5 GCSE or equivalent to include English and Maths grade C or above with 3 years role related practical experience (in the last 5 years) of procuring works and services in a housing regulated environment.
2. A minimum of 2 years’ experience of contract management and the use of works and services contracts e.g. NEC3, JCT etc.
3. A minimum of 2 years’ technical experience to include the preparation of procurement tendering packs.
4. Knowledge and understanding of NI & EU public procurement legislation and the practical application of these legislative requirements.
5. Experience of evaluating tender returns.
In return we offer a range of benefits to employees including great on-job training, a contributory pension scheme, a health cash plan which can provide help with dental, optician and medical costs (including cover for dependent children in full time education up to 18 years of age), free employee health checks and a Cycle to Work scheme. Flexibility regarding working hours is also offered in some areas of the business.
For further information on employee benefits go to the employee benefits section of our website.
Closing date for applications is 8 August 2023 unless otherwise stated.
Radius reserves the right to enhance criteria to facilitate shortlisting.
Association wide waiting lists may be compiled for future same or similar vacancies permanent / fixed term which may arise.
Radius is an Equal Opportunities Employer.