The Senior Policy & Improvement Officer will lead on the Communities Directorate’s policy development, review and implementation and where required, assisting in business improvement initiatives to improve customer service delivery.
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: £35,411 (SP29) – £40,478 (SP34) per annum
To access the full criteria and to apply online, please visit www.radiushousing.org/careers. Alternatively, application packs can be obtained by contacting the Holywood reception on 028 9039 7250.
Radius Housing provides quality and affordable social housing in over 80 towns and cities throughout Northern Ireland. We provide a range of services from sheltered housing for the over 55’s and general needs housing for families and single people, as well as specialist care and support facilities for the frail, elderly, people with dementia and learning disabilities and other complex needs.
Our aim is to be an employer of choice and to recruit employees who will embrace our vision and values and fulfil our performance standards within their role.
To be shortlisted candidates need to provide evidence of the following as a minimum:
– Level six qualification (e.g., Bachelor’s Degree) or above plus 3 years relevant experience (gained in the last 5 years).
At least 5 years’ relevant experience (gained in the last 8) of the full range of housing management services.
– Effective leadership skills and experience of managing teams and developing initiatives to develop and motivate employees.
– Highly developed communication skills with experience of building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
– Knowledge of current social housing policy issues in NI, understanding and experience of Housing Selection Scheme and rules governing allocations and transfers.
– Know of performance management and a focus on managing performance to achieve organisational targets.
– A current full driving licence and access to a suitable form of transport*
(*where an applicant indicates that a disability prohibits them from driving, this criterion will be waived at the shortlisting stage. In such circumstances, consideration will be given in any subsequent offer of appointment to suitable alternative arrangements that the candidate may be able to put in place that would enable them to meet the travel requirements for the post).
In return we offer a range of benefits to employees including great on-job training, a contributory pension scheme, a health cash plan which can provide help with dental, optician and medical costs (including cover for dependent children in full time education up to 18 years of age), free employee health checks and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Flexibility regarding working hours is also offered in some areas of the business.
For further information on employee benefits go to the employee benefits section of our website.
Closing date for applications 17th April 2023 unless otherwise stated.
Radius reserves the right to enhance criteria to facilitate shortlisting.
Association wide waiting lists may be compiled for future same or similar vacancies permanent / fixed term which may arise.
Radius is an Equal Opportunities Employer.