Following a review of our Communities Directorate we have an exciting opportunity for a housing professional to join our team through the creation of a new Senior Head of Housing post.
With a strong housing background, you will act as a senior leader on housing services, advising and guiding the team to ensure we access best practices and deliver quality outcomes for our tenants. You will have a proven track record of leadership and success at management level and be able to demonstrate your ability to manage high performance teams in the delivery of customer focused services.
Initially you will also be required to manage a business change programme, alongside the other Senior Head of Housing, to establish an Independent Living Unit within the Directorate. This unit will provide housing services to tenants residing in 55+ years accommodation as well as the Radius Floating Support service. The postholder will initially manage this unit, setting its strategic direction and leading a team of approx. 200 staff to deliver the housing services.
We are seeking a housing professional with a track record of improving services and the influencing skills required to work effectively with partners, tenants, and elected members.
Hours: 37 per week
Location: Radius Offices, Holywood
Salary: £55,903 (SP49) – £61,369 (SP54)
To access the full criteria and to apply online, please visit www.radiushousing.org/careers. Alternatively, application packs can be obtained by contacting the Holywood reception on 028 9039 7250.
Radius Housing provides quality and affordable social housing in over 80 towns and cities throughout Northern Ireland. We provide a range of services from sheltered housing for the over 55’s and general needs housing for families and single people, as well as specialist care and support facilities for the frail, elderly, people with dementia and learning disabilities and other complex needs.
Our aim is to be an employer of choice and to recruit employees who will embrace our vision and values and fulfil our performance standards within their role.
To be shortlisted candidates need to provide evidence of the following as a minimum:
- Level six qualification (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree) or above, plus 3 years relevant experience in managing a team to deliver housing services* and reporting in at the level of the organisation’s senior management/executive team.
- At least 6 years’ relevant experience* in a management role (gained in the last 9) within a housing and performance management context and reporting in at the level of the organisation’s senior management/executive team.
- Experience in the delivery of a business change evidencing substantive performance improvements, including efficiency savings and value for money.
- Evidence of ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience managing and developing high-performance teams to deliver housing related services.
- Sustained experience in the successful management of budgets (minimum value £1million) in line with organisational targets and funder requirements, related to the delivery of housing related services.
- A current full driving licence and access to a suitable form of transport*
(*where an applicant indicates that a disability prohibits them from driving, this criterion will be waived at the shortlisting stage. In such circumstances, consideration will be given in any subsequent offer of appointment to suitable alternative arrangements that the candidate may be able to put in place that would enable them to meet the travel requirements for the post).
In return we offer a range of benefits to employees including great on-job training, a contributory pension scheme, a health cash plan which can provide help with dental, optician and medical costs (including cover for dependent children in full time education up to 18 years of age), free employee health checks and a Cycle to Work scheme. Flexibility regarding working hours is also offered in some areas of the business.
For further information on employee benefits go to the employee benefits section of our website.
Closing date for applications is Monday 2nd October 2023 unless otherwise stated.
Radius reserves the right to enhance criteria to facilitate shortlisting.
Association wide waiting lists may be compiled for future same/similar vacancies which may arise.
Radius is an Equal Opportunities Employer.