Newington is a community-based housing association providing quality and affordable social housing within North Belfast. We provide housing for families, single people and sheltered housing for those over 55 years old. We also work in partnership with Depaul Ireland to provide a hostel accommodation service at Mater Dei, Antrim Road.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Finance Officer who will embrace our vision and values, ensuring performance standards are met. The post holder will be responsible for contributing to the efficient and effective delivery of financial and management accounting services within the Association and to assist the Head of Finance in the continued development of the Association through the provision of effective financial accounting systems and procedures.
Essential Criteria – Candidates must have:
- Part qualified in ICAI, CIMA, ACCA or other recognized equivalent accountancy qualification
- 3 years relevant experience in a finance department
- Excellent level of IT literacy with demonstrable experience of Microsoft Office
- Experience of using Microsoft Office packages
- Experience of processing monthly payrolls
- Experience of using Purchase and Nominal ledgers
- Experience of working with minimum supervision
- Experience of working in a team environment to achieve common goals
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Must have confidence in dealing with a wide range of professional stakeholders both internally and externally
- Self-motivated to achieve targets
- Effective planning, prioritising and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Good problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Awareness of confidentiality.
Desirable Criteria – Candidates must have:
- Qualified in ICAI, CIMA, ACCA or other recognized equivalent accountancy qualification
- Previous experience of working in finance within a property / housing environment
- Working knowledge of SDM accounting package
- Experience of line managing staff
We reserve the right to enhance the criteria to facilitate short-listing
Application packs can be obtained by contacting NHA Offices on 02890744055, e-mailing email@example.com or in writing to:
Newington Housing Association
300 Limestone Road
This pack is also available in alternative formats upon request.
Newington HA is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. We would particularly welcome applications from disabled persons as they are currently underrepresented within our workforce.
Closing date for completed applications is 4:00pm on Friday 30th September 2022.