Newington HA is looking to recruit a full-time Scheme Co-Ordinator to provide a friendly and efficient service to our tenants. The primary functions are to manage structured support for tenants; deal with emergencies and ensure the smooth running of the sheltered scheme, to help to reduce isolation and to promote and improve tenants’ quality of life.
Essential Criteria – Candidates must have:
- 2 years’ experience of working within a relevant caring environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work with accuracy and pay attention to detail.
- Administrative experience – detail and record information on residents’ files; collate and organise records.
- Good communication skills to effectively deal with customers and all levels of staff both verbally, in writing and electronically.
- High levels of self-motivation with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to deal with problems/enquiries in a diplomatic and sensitive manner.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasions.
- Be acceptable to lone working conditions.
- Scheme Co Ordinator experience, working with the elderly.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office packages / PC skills.
- Experience of using e-mail, electronic schedulers and internet.
- Knowledge of Association’s procedures.
- Knowledge of Sheltered Housing, including Supporting People and supported housing issues.
- Minimum “GCSE” Level or equivalent education.
- CIH Level 3 Certificate in Supported Housing.
- Organisational skills to be able to plan and provide a range of social events including coffee mornings, luncheon clubs, regular entertainment and outings in consultation with residents.
- First Aid, Lifting & Handling, Fire Awareness courses, etc.
Main Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Salary for the post is currently NJC Point 9 – 15 (£23,194 – £25,874) per annum plus Employer Pension Contribution of 19.5%.
- The post is a full-time position (37 hours per week) with an initial 6-month probationary period.
- Applicant will be eligible to join the NILGOSC (Northern Ireland Local Government Officers’ Superannuation Committee) contributory pension scheme.
- Non-essential mileage allowance will be paid to the post holder.
- Annual Leave: Commencing at 22 days initially, rising to 27 days after 5 years, 30 days after 10 years rising to 32 after 20 years’ service, plus 11 recognised statutory holidays.
- Location – The role is based at Camberwell Court, 171 Limestone Road, Belfast, BT15 3BH; however, the post holder may be expected to be able to travel throughout Northern Ireland and occasionally further afield.
We reserve the right to enhance the criteria to facilitate short-listing.
Application packs can be obtained by contacting NHA Offices on 028 9074 4055, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Newington Housing Association
300 Limestone Road
The pack is also available in alternative formats upon request.
Newington HA is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. We would particularly welcome applications from disabled persons as they are currently underrepresented within our workforce.
Closing date for completed applications is 12:00 noon on Friday, 16th June 2023.