North & East Housing Association are currently recruiting for a Property Services Officer to work with the Association’s Property Services Manager to ensure all necessary technical services are delivered to a high standard. This will include but not limited to stock condition surveys, building survey reports, defect diagnosis, property inspections, snagging, contract administration, clerk of works duties and providing technical support to staff.
- Stock Condition Surveys- To survey the existing housing stock and assist the Property Services Manager with the implementation of the Association’s Asset Management Strategy.
- Responsive Repairs & Maintenance – Carry out inspections of void properties and prepare list of repairs in addition to those required under the North and East’s void letting Policy.
- Planned & Cyclical Maintenance- Undertake pre and post inspections of properties and works included in planned and cyclical maintenance programme.
- Clerk of Works Duties Site inspection and monitoring of contracts, checking all materials and workmanship and certification of material
- Development- Carry out building condition surveys on new property acquisitions and assisting the Property Services Manager in preparing technical appraisals.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Candidates will have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Minimum of Degree (at level 8 of NFQ) required in Building Surveying or equivalent
- Professional membership of the Society of Chartered Surveyor and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent
- Managing Safely in Construction Certification desirable
- Full driving licence and use of car / Ability to meet the mobility requirements of the post.
- Specialist role related knowledge, especially building surveying & building pathology.
- Experience in carrying out building and schedule of conditions surveys.
- Experience in planned and cyclical maintenance and production of relevant inspection reports.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and compliance within a construction setting.
- Financial control and budget management skills
- Experience of using AutoCAD in preparation of plans and details.
- Knowledge of techniques of residential construction and their services systems for both single houses and multi-occupancy units.
- Communication skills –verbal and written, report writing & presentation.
- Ability to work accurately / attention to detail.
- PC literate and competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of housing/asset management based software desirable.
- Attend training appropriate to your role and ensure continuing professional development.
North & East Housing Association was established in 1993 and has developed from a small-scale, mainly voluntary organisation into a well-established housing provider with a proven track record in the delivery of high-quality homes, comprehensive housing services and tenant supports.
In January 2016 North & East launched its Strategic Plan 2016 – 2021 containing a renewed vision for the Association. The Vision that “Everyone is entitled to a quality home within the Community” is underpinned by three strategic goals;
- To grow our housing stock to 700 units by the end of 2020
- To support our tenants in developing and sustaining strong communities
- To ensure our structures and resources are capable of supporting current and future activities
The Association are currently on track to deliver on those commitments and are in the process of defining the next Strategic Plan 2020 – 2024. The role of Property Services Officer will assist the Property Services Manager to ensure all necessary technical services are delivered to a high standard. This will include but not limited to stock condition surveys, building survey reports, defect diagnosis, property inspections, snagging, contract administration, clerk of works duties and providing technical support to staff.
All staff are based in our Dublin 15 office, however there is a substantial amount of travel involved with the role so the successful candidate may work from other agreed office locations in Dundalk, Kells and North County Dublin during their weekly schedule. We can be flexible with the successful candidate in how this is managed.
Therefore, a full clean driving licence and ownership of a car is required. The salary scale for this position is €45,049 to €58,776 per annum.
Why Work With NEHA?
- Team of 20 people ensuring every contribution has an opportunity to make a big difference
- Values based system of people management
- Large focus on developing people to their potential, aligned to their own ambitions
Click here for a copy of the Job Description