Newington is a community-based housing association providing quality and affordable social housing within North Belfast. We provide housing for families, single people and sheltered housing for those over 55 years old. We also work in partnership with Depaul Ireland to provide a hostel accommodation service at Mater Dei, Antrim Road.
We are seeking to recruit a Housing Officer who will embrace our vision and values, ensuring performance standards are met. The post holder will be responsible for delivering a range of housing management services including rent account monitoring and arrears prevention, voids management, tenancy support, community engagement, transfer assessments, ASB and tenancy fraud.
Essential Criteria – Candidates must have:
- 3rd level qualification or educated to ‘A’ level standard with a housing qualification and 1 years’ relevant experience or educated to ‘A’ level standard and 2 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of current social housing policy and issues.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability to relate to residents and the public.
- Ability to be flexible and to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasions such as attending lunch and evening meetings.
- Post-holder will be required to have a current driving license.
Closing Date is 12 August 2022 at 4pm
Please see full job spec/criteria document for more details.