Newington HA is looking to recruit a full-time Housing & Communities Manager. The Housing & Communities Manager will be responsible for leading a team of staff to ensure that the objectives set are achieved under the direction of the Head of Housing and Communities.
The Housing & Communities Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Housing and Communities Team ensuring the delivery of high-quality services and the achievement of continuous improvement, in accordance with agreed standards and best practice.
Essential Criteria – Candidates must have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Housing Management (within the last 8 years) covering areas including, Tenancy Management, Rent Accounting, Void Management, Antisocial Behaviour Management, Allocations & Tenant Participation
- A minimum of three years’ experience, gained within the last eight years, of managing staff;
- Proven experience of producing reports to set deadlines for use by senior management level, and/or committees;
- Proven track record of creating and implementing new initiatives to improve service user engagement and experience;
- Proven experience of utilising IT skills to enhance service delivery;
Knowledge and Understanding:
- A sound knowledge of Housing Policy & Legislation
- Research and development of strategy and policy.
- Interpretation of policy into operational practice ensuring compliance.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently;
- Ability to think strategically and to analyse complex issues;
- Personal and professional manner and credibility that generate trust and confidence in others
- Availability to attend evening and weekend meetings;
- Driving license and access to a car or access to another form of transport so that you can meet the travel demands of this post.
- Hold a Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) qualification, or equivalent.
- Hold a relevant Leadership/Management qualification
- Experience in delivery of community support initiatives;
- Proven track record in achieving value for money.
- Understanding of and commitment to performance management;
- Good knowledge and understanding of housing and the role of the Department for Communities
- Competent in a range of IT applications
Main Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Salary for the post is currently NJC Point 37 – 42 £41,491 – £46,662 (under review)
- The post is a full-time position (37 hours per week) with an initial 6-month probationary period.
- Applicant will be eligible to join the NILGOSC (Northern Ireland Local Government Officers’ Superannuation Committee) contributory pension scheme currently at employer contribution of 19.5%.
- Non-essential mileage allowance will be paid to the post holder.
- Annual Leave: Commencing at 22 days initially, rising to 27 days after 5 years, 30 days after 10 years rising to 32 after 20 years’ service, plus 11 recognised statutory holidays.
- Location – The role is based at Newington Housing Association, 300 Limestone Road, Belfast, BT15 3BH. However, the post holder may be expected to be able to travel throughout Northern Ireland and occasionally further afield.
We reserve the right to enhance the criteria to facilitate short-listing
Application packs can be obtained by contacting NHA Offices on 02890744055, e-mailing email@example.com or in writing to:
Newington Housing Association
300 Limestone Road
The pack is also available in alternative formats upon request.
Newington HA is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. We would particularly welcome applications from disabled persons as they are currently underrepresented within our workforce.
Closing date for completed applications is 12:00 noon Friday, 28th October 2022