Ark Housing Association is seeking to recruit an experienced and dedicated individual to join the organisation as Floating Support Officer. This position is on a permanent full-time employment basis.
Reporting to Team Leaders and Homeless Services Manager, the postholder will ensure the delivery of a comprehensive floating support service for homeless families and to provide high-quality services to our Homeless Services clients in accordance with the strategic objectives of Ark Housing. Our Homeless Family Service has been developed in partnership with the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) and is funded by the Department for Communities (DfC) through the Supporting People Programme.
Applicants must satisfy the following essential criteria:
- Have a relevant qualification (QCF/NVQ Level 2 or equivalent e.g. 5 GCSEs)
- Have 1 years’ experience in providing support services to individuals or families
- Have 3 years’ experience in providing support services to individuals or families
- Have experience in:
- Developing person centred needs/risk assessments and support plans
- Managing case loads
- Advocating on a person’s behalf
- Working in partnership with external agencies
- Working with Microsoft Office
- Salary points 18-21: £22,885 – £25,172 with a Contributory Pension Scheme (NILGOSC), (Currently 19% Employer Contribution). Yearly salary, to include employer pension contribution is equivalent to £27,232 – £29,955. Salaries are reviewed annually and uplifted in accordance with the Association’s Remuneration Policy.
- This post attracts an annual essential car user allowance of £1,239 and mileage is reimbursed at a rate of £0.45p per mile travelled for work purposes.
- 22 days annual leave moving to 27 after 5 years’ service and 32 days after 10 years’ service;
- 13 customary holidays per annum;
- A range of excellent work and family friendly policies;
- Hybrid working policy in place;
- Access to an on-site gym.
Anyone wishing to apply for the above position may get a recruitment pack by clicking on this link: FLOATING SUPPORT OFFICER – FT – Ark Housing. For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Gail McLaughlin, Homeless Services Manager on 02890 752310 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ark Housing reserves the right to enhance the criteria for the short listing of suitable candidates without further notification.
Closing Date for Receipt of Completed Applications is: Friday 28th July 2023 by 4pm
Ark Housing is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are welcome from individuals irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, religion, race, ethnic origin, age or sexual orientation.