First Housing Aid & Support Services
(Registered Charity No: NIC105748)
Based in our Shepherd’s View Young Parents’ Project, Derry/Londonderry
(Flexibly required Monday to Friday, to include some evening work when required)
You will work for a leading voluntary sector, non-profit making organisation that provides professional advice on housing in Northern Ireland and solutions for people who find themselves in housing difficulties. Our Shepherd’s View Young Parents’ Project provides supported accommodation for young parents’, age 16-25yrs.
Your New Role at Shepherd’s View
You will work in partnership with parents and children within the project, identifying when families are at their most vulnerable and quickly working with the family towards early intervention responses, in conjunction with the Social Worker.
Minimum Criteria (a Full Job Description and Personnel Specification is available in the Candidate Information Pack)
- Minimum of three GCSE’s at grade C or above (or equivalent) including English Language AND
- Diploma in Children’s Care and Development Advanced Practice Level 4 Desirable OR
- HND Advanced Practice working with Children and Families OR
- BTEC Level 4 Health and Social Care OR
- NVQ Level 4 in Work with Parents (Intense Support for families with Multiple and Complex Needs) AND
- A current driving licence with access to a car. (Can be waived in the case of applicant whose disability prohibits driving, but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements)
- At least one years recent experience of working with families with multiple and complex needs
- IT skills
It should be noted that the criteria for this post may be enhanced to facilitate short listing.
How to Apply
Please forward your completed application form and Equal Opportunities monitoring form (found at Work with us | First Housing (first-housing.com)) to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6 August 2021 at 12 noon. (Tel: 07921056728)
Access NI checks will be carried out before an appointment can be confirmed.
This position is also subject to compulsory registration with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council. (NISCC)
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer