Newington HA is seeking to recruit a full-time Director of Finance & Corporate Services. The Director of Finance & Corporate Services will be responsible for leading a team of staff to ensure that the objectives set by the Board are achieved under the direction of Chief Executive.
The Director of Finance & Corporate Services will:
- Provide financial and corporate services that meet the requirements of the Association in terms of accountability, probity and compliance with relevant legislation and regulation.
- Ensure the delivery of efficient and effective corporate services and finance services.
- Contribute to strategy and policy development for the Association as part of the Senior Management Team.
- Be responsible for reinforcing the values of the Association and implementing the behavioural and performance framework of the Association that focuses on excellence in customer service.
- Represent the Association in its relationships with external stakeholders.
Main Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Salary for the post is currently £62,328 – £65,328.
- The post is a full-time position (37 hours per week) with an initial 6-month probationary period.
- Applicant will be eligible to join the NILGOSC (Northern Ireland Local Government Officers’ Superannuation Committee) contributory pension scheme. Current Employers Contribution 19.5%
- Non-essential mileage allowance will be paid to the post holder.
- Annual Leave: Commencing at 22 days initially, rising to 27 days after 5 years, 30 days after 10 years rising to 32 after 20 years’ service, plus 11 recognised statutory holidays. Flexi time working is also available.
- Location – The role is based at Newington Housing Association, 300 Limestone Road, Belfast, BT15 3BH. However, the post holder may be expected to be able to travel throughout Northern Ireland and occasionally further afield.
Essential Criteria – Candidates must:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, or equivalent).
- Be able to evidence continuing professional development.
- A minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience gained in the last eight years, in each of the following areas:
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with UK Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Preparation of end of year accounts;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and management information;
- Preparation, management, and monitoring of budgets, and the allocation of resources;
- Production of clear and accurate financial reports, to set deadlines, for senior management level/committees;
- Providing strategic input to discussions and debates on corporate services and finance;
- Reviewing and updating policies and procedures and maintenance of administrative systems and processes;
- Experience of the ability to identify and put forward strategies to address key financial risks;
- Experience of successfully managing and motivating a team and implementing organisational change.
Knowledge and Understanding:
- Knowledge of and ability to use financial systems and Microsoft packages.
- Knowledge of Risk Management.
- Understanding of the people dimensions of change and of implementing a value-based culture.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to think strategically and to analyse complex issues.
- Personal and professional manner and credibility that generate trust and confidence in others.
- Availability to attend evening and weekend meetings.
- Hold a full Driving License and access to a car or access to another form of transport so that you can meet the travel demands of this post.
- Experience in delivery of community support initiatives.
- Proven track record in achieving value for money.
- Procurement of Bank Finance.
- Previous working experience of utilising ICT to enable business growth, and managing 3rd party contracts.
- Understanding of and commitment to performance management.
- Good knowledge and understanding of housing and the role of the Department for Communities.
- Knowledge of Housing SORP, Charity SORP and Component Accounting.
- Competent in a range of IT applications.
We reserve the right to enhance the criteria to facilitate short-listing.
Application packs can be obtained by contacting NHA Offices on 02890744055, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Newington Housing Association
300 Limestone Road
The pack is also available in alternative formats upon request.
Newington HA is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. We would particularly welcome applications from disabled persons as they are currently underrepresented within our workforce.
Closing date for completed applications is 12:00 noon Friday, 26th January 2024.