The Development Officer will support the Development management team in the delivery of high-quality homes across a range of tenures. The role involves all aspects of development from inception to handover and final closure, encompassing site identification, acquisition, feasibility, design, planning, construction, project management, marketing and sales, and health and safety regulations.
Hours: 37 per week
Location: Radius Offices, Holywood
Salary: £28,791 (SP23) to £33,454 (SP28)
To access the full criteria and to apply online, please visit www.radiushousing.org/careers. Alternatively, application packs can be obtained by contacting the Holywood reception on 028 9039 7250.
Radius Housing provides quality and affordable social housing in over 80 towns and cities throughout Northern Ireland. We provide a range of services from sheltered housing for the over 55’s and general needs housing for families and single people, as well as specialist care and support facilities for the frail, elderly, people with dementia and learning disabilities and other complex needs.
We are one of the major developer of homes in Northern Ireland and build and release around 400 homes every year, both properties for rent, and for private sale.
We incorporate design of community spaces that are designed to impact positively on residents and to support healthier lifestyles and create significant employment within the Northern Ireland construction sector.
Our aim is to be an employer of choice and to recruit employees who will embrace our vision and values and fulfil our performance standards within their role.
We are now looking for a Development Officer who wishes to be part of our significant success, as we continue to create sustainable, energy efficient, innovative homes for the future.
To be shortlisted candidates need to provide evidence of the following as a minimum:
- Level six qualification (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree, Graduate diploma) or above in an related discipline such as Building/Property/Design, and at least 1 year in a related role within social / private housing environment or construction arena, i.e. contributing to the delivery of housing / construction projects / property market sales / land & property acquisitions.
At least three years’ previous experience (within the last 8) of working in a Housing Association / Private/Public Sector property development team, with demonstrable team working experience, contributing directly to delivery of new development projects including residential development.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders, both in person and via written correspondence.
- Development project management experience, with demonstrable ability to meet targets in relation to specification, timeline and budget, with the ability to work on a range of projects simultaneously.
- Computer literate with demonstrable experience and understanding of spreadsheets, cash flows and economic appraisals.
- Understanding of technical drawings and contract documentation.
- A current full driving licence and access to a suitable form of transport*
(*where an applicant indicates that a disability prohibits them from driving, this criterion will be waived at the shortlisting stage. In such circumstances, consideration will be given in any subsequent offer of appointment to suitable alternative arrangements that the candidate may be able to put in place that would enable them to meet the travel requirements for the post).
In return we offer a range of benefits to employees including great on-job training, a contributory pension scheme, a health cash plan which can provide help with dental, optician and medical costs (including cover for dependent children in full time education up to 18 years of age), free employee health checks and a Cycle to Work scheme. Flexibility regarding working hours is also offered in some areas of the business.
For further information on employee benefits go to the employee benefits section of our website.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 11th December 2022 unless otherwise stated.
Radius reserves the right to enhance criteria to facilitate shortlisting.
Association wide waiting lists may be compiled for future same or similar permanent / fixed term vacancies which may arise.
Radius is an Equal Opportunities Employer.