Ark Housing Association is seeking to recruit an experienced and dedicated individual to join the organisation as a Community Engagement Officer for 28 hours per week.
Reporting to the Homeless Services Manager, the postholder will be responsible for the development and delivery of community engagement activities and projects for homeless families living at Roseville and Moyard Homeless schemes as well as to homeless families supported by our Floating Support team within the wider Belfast area. Our Family Homeless Service has been developed in partnership with the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE),and is funded by the Department for Communities (DfC) through the Supporting People Programme.
Applicants must satisfy the following essential criteria:
- Have 5 GCSEs including English and Maths or
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ demonstrable experience in a similar role within the last 5 years;
- Have a minimum of 1 years’ experience within the last 3 years in a similar role and have experience in:
- Promoting and developing good relations;
- Identifying funding opportunities and resources;
- Completing funding applications;
- Developing and delivering engagement activities and programmes;
- Developing effective partnership working with external agencies.
- Current annual salary range is £9:30 per hour. Salaries are reviewed annually and uplifted in accordance with the Association’s Remuneration Policy.
- The Association is a member of the NILGOSC contributory pension scheme. Current rate of employer contribution is 19%.
- This post attracts an annual essential car user allowance of £1,239 (pro rata) and mileage is reimbursed at a rate of £0.45p per mile travelled for work purposes.
- 22 days annual leave moving to 27 after 5 years’ service and 32 days after 10 years’ service (pro rata);
- 13 customary holidays (pro rata) per annum;
- A range of excellent work and family friendly policies;
Anyone wishing to apply for the above position may get a recruitment pack by clicking on the links below. For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Laura O’Dowd, Director of Housing on 02890 752310. Ark Housing reserves the right to enhance the criteria for the short listing of suitable candidates without further notification.
Closing Date for Receipt of Completed Applications is: Monday, 4th January 2021 by 4:00pm
Ark Housing is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are welcome from individuals irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, religion, race, ethnic origin, age or sexual orientation.