Newington HA is seeking to recruit a full-time Community Engagement Officer. The Community Engagement Officer will work with the Head of Housing & Communities and the Housing Manager to ensure the effective delivery of tenant participation which conforms to legislative and regulatory requirements and adheres to Newington’s policies and procedures and complies with recognised good practise.
Essential Criteria – Candidates must have:
- 3rd level qualification and 2 years’ experience working in a housing/community development environment or educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent with 3 years’ experience working in a housing/community development environment, or 5 years’ experience working in a housing/community development environment.
- Experience of community engagement, involvement and capacity building tools and techniques.
- Experience of monitoring budgets.
- Experience of fundraising and completing funding applications.
- Experience of liaison and engagement with tenants and/or community groups.
- Awareness of availability of grants for social and community development.
- Experience of multi-agency and partnership working.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work with accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Possess good verbal communication skills with the ability to consult and converse with Newington tenant groups, Tenants Forum and community partners.
- Possess good written skills with the ability to write articles for the Association’s newsletter and website and produce reports.
- Previous experience of research to develop policies and/or guidance.
- High levels of self-motivation with ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible and to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- The ability to deal with problems/enquires in a diplomatic and sensitive manner.
- A high level of organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasions such as attending lunch and evening meetings.
- Post-holder will be required to have a current driving license.
Desirable Criteria – Candidates must have:
- Professional Qualification or Membership of Professional Body.
- Knowledge of community development and tenant participation in social housing.
We reserve the right to enhance the criteria to facilitate short-listing
Application packs can be obtained by contacting NHA Offices on 02890744055, e-mailing email@example.com or in writing to:
Newington Housing Association
300 Limestone Road
This pack is also available in alternative formats upon request.
Newington HA is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. We would particularly welcome applications from disabled persons as they are currently underrepresented within our workforce.
Closing date for completed applications is 12:00 noon on Friday, 17th February 2023.