The Case Worker will provide a comprehensive support, advisory and guidance service to service users. This will include managing and progressing a caseload of grant applications, communicating with NIHE, Grant Aid bodies, Health professionals, Building Control, Planning Authorities, service users, colleagues and other relevant parties.
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: £24,054 (SP11) to £26,845 (SP17) per annum
To access the full criteria and to apply online, please visit www.radiushousing.org/careers. Alternatively, application packs can be obtained by contacting the Holywood reception on 028 9039 7250.
Radius Housing provides quality and affordable social housing in over 80 towns and cities throughout Northern Ireland. We provide a range of services from sheltered housing for the over 55’s and general needs housing for families and single people, as well as specialist care and support facilities for the frail, elderly, people with dementia and learning disabilities and other complex needs.
Our aim is to be an employer of choice and to recruit employees who will embrace our vision and values and fulfil our performance standards within their role.
To be shortlisted candidates need to provide evidence of the following as a minimum:
- At least 3 year’s recent experience in managing an administrative caseload providing support and assistance to help vulnerable client groups access services within the area of housing/health/ benefits and 5 GCSE’s or equivalent to include Maths and English Grade C or above.
- Relevant level six qualification (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree, Graduate diploma) and 1 year’s recent experience managing an administrative caseload providing support and assistance to help vulnerable client groups access services within the area of housing/health/ benefits
- Demonstrable IT experience of Microsoft Office to include word processing and Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment with set working policies and procedures.
- A current full driving licence and access to a suitable form of transport*
(*where an applicant indicates that a disability prohibits them from driving, this criterion will be waived at the shortlisting stage. In such circumstances, consideration will be given in any subsequent offer of appointment to suitable alternative arrangements that the candidate may be able to put in place that would enable them to meet the travel requirements for the post).
In return we offer a range of benefits to employees including great on-job training, a contributory pension scheme, a health cash plan which can provide help with dental, optician and medical costs (including cover for dependent children in full time education up to 18 years of age), free employee health checks and a Cycle to Work scheme. Flexibility regarding working hours is also offered in some areas of the business.
For further information on employee benefits go to the employee benefits section of our website.
For further information about the Staying Put service go to: https://www.radiushousing.org/care-and-support/support/home-adaptations/access-nihe-disabled-facility-grants-through-radius-staying-put
Closing date for applications is 21st July 2023 unless otherwise stated.
Radius reserves the right to enhance criteria to facilitate shortlisting.
Association wide waiting lists may be compiled for future same or similar permanent / fixed term vacancies which may arise.
Radius is an Equal Opportunities Employer.