Newington HA is looking to recruit a full-time Assets Manager. Reporting directly to the Director of Communities the postholder will be required:
- To manage a team of both technical and administrative staff to provide an effective system of statutory compliance, planned and cyclical maintenance projects while ensuring accountability and probity in all regulatory and legislative requirements.
- To contribute to the overall strategic development of the Association as part of the Senior Management Team.
- To assist on the development and delivery of the Associations Asset Management Strategy and Sustainability Strategy.
- Lead and advise on the procurement of contractors and service providers responsible for housing repairs, voids, cyclical and planned maintenance and other services.
Undertake regular analysis of contract performance, working closely with the Director of Communities and Communities Manager and Finance team and identifying improvement activities using Key Performance Indicators and Management Information across the function.
Essential Criteria – Candidates must have:
Education and Training Attainments:
- A building surveying: asset management, property management or construction related 3rd Level qualification.
- 3 years post qualification experience within a building surveying; asset management, property management or construction within the most recent 5 years.
- 2 years’ experience from the most recent 5 years of leading and managing a staff team.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of working within/or implementing management systems such as ISO 9001/ ISO 55001 and will have knowledge of the Regulatory framework associated with management of residential buildings and the delivery of Investment programmes.
- Excellent ICT skills and experience of working with various IT packages and asset management databases to analyse data and produce complex statistical information, for large property portfolios.
- Ability to conduct detailed investigations, analyse and evaluate a broad range of data and identify potential changes to the service and works programmes and prepare reports such as but not limited to viability, options appraisal, etc.
- Knowledge of stock condition surveys, stock databases and their ongoing management and development.
- Experience of managing budgets
- Knowledge of DfC Guide in respect of Social Housing Development and Maintenance.
- Knowledge of NI Procurement Regulations
- Excellent communication skills with a strong ability to influence a range of individuals and stakeholders.
- Excellent customer focus to effectively address the needs of internal and external customers.
- Ability to think creatively and be able to drive the continuous improvement of services.
- Flexible in working hours.
- Access to transport.
Education and Training Attainments:
- Membership of a relevant professional body
in Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Salary for the post is currently NJC Point 39 – 45 (£45,495 to £51,627) per annum plus Employer Pension Contribution of 19.5%.
- The post is a full-time position (37 hours per week) with an initial 6-month probationary period.
- Applicant will be eligible to join the NILGOSC (Northern Ireland Local Government Officers’ Superannuation Committee) contributory pension scheme.
- Non-essential mileage allowance will be paid to the post holder.
- Annual Leave: Commencing at 22 days initially, rising to 27 days after 5 years, 30 days after 10 years rising to 32 after 20 years’ service, plus 11 recognised statutory holidays.
- Location – The role is based at 300 Limestone Road, Belfast, BT15 3AR; however, the post holder may be expected to be able to travel throughout Northern Ireland and occasionally further afield.
We reserve the right to enhance the criteria to facilitate short-listing.
Application packs can be obtained by contacting NHA Offices on 028 9074 4055, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Newington Housing Association
300 Limestone Road
The pack is also available in alternative formats upon request.
Newington HA is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. We would particularly welcome applications from disabled persons as they are currently underrepresented within our workforce.
Closing date for completed applications is 12:00 noon on Friday, 8th September 2023.