Event Phone: 02890230446
Join other housing association front line staff for a fun, engaging day “virtual class-room” learning experience about the key elements of lone working, personal safety and self-awareness, with particular reference to additional risks associated with returning from lockdown and with covid19.
The workshops will help participants develop the skills to effectively:
- identify the associated and potential risks to their specific lone working roles
- identify the associated for lone workers returning from ‘lockdown’ / being or feeling desensitised
- learn about what is Lone Working (including reference to the Law)
- learn about the preventative peasures to assist in managing lone working more effectively
- learn about Lone Working Agreements, focusing on safer approaches particularly after ‘lockdown’
- learn about Abuse, Threats & Assaults, inclusive of dealing with frustration and isolation and the signs of Inappropriate Behaviour you may encounter when Working Alone
- learn about Personal Safety Methods & Suggestions
- plenty of opportunity for Questions and Answer as the classroom will be ‘virtual’ with plenty of audience participation and debate
COST FOR MEMBERS: £35 +vat per person
Will Holland’s previous NIFHA training workshops on these topics have been highly rated by those attending.
Some of the comment from previous participants include:
“Fun learning of a very serious topic.”
“Loved learning about the science behind it, e.g. how/why our brain reacts.”
“I have found this training very useful.”
“Trainer really knowledgeable on the subject.”
“I realise it could happen to me. I need to think about personal security and the safety of my staff.”
“Will definitely be reviewing our internal processes around lone workers.”
NB: Cancellation of events
If, by the closing date, NIFHA has not received sufficient bookings to make an event viable, we reserve the right to cancel.
If NIFHA cancels an event, the fee(s) will be refunded in full.
NB: Cancellation of attendance or non-arrivals by delegates
NIFHA will accept cancellation of a place on a course from a participant who has been booked, if cancellation is made at least 48 hours before the start of the course. Cancellations made at shorter notice, or ‘no-shows;’ will be charged for in full, unless in exceptional circumstances.