Care & Support Assistant – Bank at Radius Housing
The Care & Support Assistants will deliver care and support services which promote the welfare and wellbeing of residents and safeguard them
The Care & Support Assistants will deliver care and support services which promote the welfare and wellbeing of residents and safeguard them from harm.
Hours: As and when required
Location: Banbridge, Bangor, Belfast, Carrickfergus, Enniskillen, Holywood, Lurgan, Portadown, Derry/Londonderry
Salary: £10.06 (Days) & £10.35 (Nights)
Care & Support Assistants on our flexi registers will be offered work on an ‘as and when required basis’ for each of our schemes. Both full time, part time and variable work patterns are currently available. The availability of applicants will be discussed at interview.
To access the full criteria and to apply online, please click the ‘log in or register to apply’ or ‘proceed to application’ button below. Alternatively, application packs can be obtained by contacting the Holywood reception via the telephone number within our ‘Employer Profile’.
Radius Housing provides quality and affordable social housing in over 80 towns and cities throughout Northern Ireland. We provide a range of services from sheltered housing for the over 55’s and general needs housing for families and single people, as well as specialist care and support facilities for the frail, elderly, people with dementia and learning disabilities and other complex needs.
Our aim is to be an employer of choice and to recruit employees who will embrace our vision and values and fulfil our performance standards within their role.
To be shortlisted candidates need to provide evidence of the following as a minimum:
– Ability to read, write and communicate in English, as evidenced by a relevant qualification, or experience of demonstrating literacy in English in an education or work environment.
– Basic numeracy skills, as evidenced by relevant qualification or use of numeracy in a education or work environment.
– Experience of working as part of a team.
– Willingness to undertake training for the role.
– Willingness to register with NISCC (Northern Ireland Social Care Council) as a requirement of the role.
In return we offer a range of benefits to employees including great on-job training, a contributory pension scheme, a health cash plan which can provide help with dental, optician and medical costs (including cover for dependent children in full time education up to 18 years of age), free employee health checks and a Cycle to Work scheme. Care and Support staff also benefit from free uniforms, and subsidised meals.
For further information on employee benefits go to the employee benefits section of our website.
To find out more about the role please visit the careers section of our website to see our short video.
The Association will consider all applications in accordance with the selection criteria outlined in the person specification for the role, and according to the date on which applications are received, according to need in each location.
Closing date for applications is 28th October 2022 unless otherwise stated.
Radius reserves the right to enhance criteria to facilitate shortlisting.
Association wide waiting lists may be compiled for future same/similar vacancies which may arise.
Radius is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Domestic Assistant - Spafield Fold, Holywood
- NIFHA Consultation Responses
- Staying Warm Guide Published
- Support needed to improve sustainability in housing association stock
- FOYER NIGHT SUPPORT WORKERS: 2 posts
- Office Administrator - Housing
- Property Maintenance Officer
- Scheme Coordinator McNeill Court
- NIFHA Welcomes Supporting People Funding
- NIFHA statement on the death of Awaab Ishak