CLANMIL HOUSING GROUP APPOINTS NEW CHAIR
Clanmil Chief Executive Carol McTaggart welcomes Maeve Monaghan as the housing association’s new Chair of the Board.
Clanmil Housing Group, one of Northern Ireland’s leading housing associations, has announced the appointment of Maeve Monaghan as its Chair.
Maeve is taking on the role at Clanmil, which provides 5,700 high quality social and affordable homes throughout Northern Ireland for families and older people. She is set to lead the Clanmil Board as the organisation delivers an ambitious five-year strategy focusing on building and maintaining high quality homes, providing a great customer experience for the people who live in those homes, and helping to build strong and sustainable communities.
Maeve has worked in Northern Ireland’s community sector for more than 21 years and is currently Chief Executive of the NOW Group, a social enterprise that helps people with disabilities and learning difficulties into employment. She has previously been Chair of the Community Foundation in Northern Ireland and Give Inc, Ireland’s first Giving Circle. Maeve was awarded an MBE in March 2022 for services to people with learning difficulties and was included in the 2018, 2019 and 2020 WISE100 UK (Women in Social Enterprise Top 100) and highly commended in Nat West’s WISE100 2022 Social Business Leader of the Year.
Announcing Maeve’s appointment Carol McTaggart, recently appointed Group Chief Executive at Clanmil, said:
“Our focus at Clanmil is providing homes for people to live well. With growing housing waiting lists and the ongoing cost-of-living crisis, more people than ever before are struggling to find a home and to make ends meet. We want to play our part in addressing this growing housing need.
“Maeve’s insight and experience will be invaluable to Clanmil as we move forward with the delivery of our strategic plan. We’re all really looking forward to working with her.”
By 2026, Clanmil plans to provide a further 1,400 much needed high-quality homes. It is continuing to focus on building partnerships that help strengthen the communities it works in and is working with its customers to shape services that they value.
“I have always admired Clanmil. It’s a great organisation that delivers much needed homes and important services for local people, including those with disabilities, and that matters to me. It is an honour to have this opportunity, and I look forward to working with the Board, Carol and her team as we all chart the next phase of the Clanmil journey.”
Maeve will take over as Chair at the end of September from Paul Fiddaman who was a member of the Clanmil Board from 2013, Vice Chair from 2018, and Chair from 2021. During Paul’s time on the Board, Clanmil invested almost £330m in new homes, spent almost £60m ensuring its homes remain good places to live, adopted a new approach to involving customers in shaping its services, and started on a digital journey that will see it transform how those services are delivered in the future.
For further information please contact Christine Ashfield at Clanmil Housing on 07595118122.
Notes to Editors:
• Clanmil Housing is one of Northern Ireland’s leading housing associations and currently owns and manages 5,700 homes throughout Northern Ireland including family homes, homes for single people, independent living schemes for older people, housing with care for frail older people and supported housing for older people with dementia.
• Clanmil’s purpose is to provide homes for people to live well.
- Housing Bodies Express Concern Over Potential Cuts to DfC Budget
- NIFHA Responds to Department for Communities Budget EQIA Consultation
- Housing waiting list figures show need for investment in new social housing
- NIFHA Launches Local Government Manifesto
- NIFHA CEO notes record year for new social housing
- Domestic Assistant - Spafield Fold, Holywood
- NIFHA Consultation Responses
- Staying Warm Guide Published
- Support needed to improve sustainability in housing association stock
- FOYER NIGHT SUPPORT WORKERS: 2 posts