The Rural Policy Framework for Northern Ireland provides rural communities an opportunity to review the approach to rural policy and what is needed to support rural communities within the context of the following main strategic drivers:
- The impact of COVID-19 on rural communities, in particular the need for flexibility to respond quickly to emerging needs.
- Green Growth including the need for access to nature whilst ensuring sustainability in a post COVID-19 era.
- Opportunities for new ways of working and funding post priority 6 funding under EU Rural Development Programme.
- The priorities set out in the draft Programme for Government (PfG); and
- The New Decade, New Approach Deal.
Download NIFHA’s response to this consultation here