£1 Million in Support
“This third set of impact measures shows how social housing organisations are continuing to support and assist residents and communities across the UK,” said Andrew van Doorn, Chief Executive, HACT. “If we aggregate these figures, it would indicate that the sector has provided over £2.5 million in financial assistance, made 1.5 million welfare calls and provided over quarter of a million residents with advice and guidance since the Covid-19 pandemic began.”
“The sector has engaged with our residents on a scale that has never been seen before, responding to their individual needs, whether with food, advice or guidance, financial assistance or just a regular call to see if they are OK,” he added.
“In June, more people have been receiving financial support, as well as advice and guidance. Over 80% of the total amount paid out in financial assistance was paid out in May and June. In addition, over 38% of households who have received food have had this provided more than once. In June, this figure was over 50%, indicating a sustained level of need of food for some residents.”
You can download the rest of the findings here, as well as the explantory notes.
- Domestic Assistant - Spafield Fold, Holywood
- NIFHA Consultation Responses
- Staying Warm Guide Published
- Support needed to improve sustainability in housing association stock
- FOYER NIGHT SUPPORT WORKERS: 2 posts
- Office Administrator - Housing
- Property Maintenance Officer
- Scheme Coordinator McNeill Court
- NIFHA Welcomes Supporting People Funding
- NIFHA statement on the death of Awaab Ishak