Reclassification delayed for at least a year
NIFHA welcomes news that housing associations in Northern Ireland will not be classed as public bodies for at least another year.
Ben Collins, Chief Executive, said on Wednesday, 1st April:
“In terms of reclassification, DfC have confirmed by email today that the current arrangements with HM Treasury (which DfC refers to as a derogation) are being extended for another 12 months.
“This is a welcome development, as the Minister understandably is fully focused currently on dealing with COVID-19.
“The Department have assured us that they remain committed to passing the legislation to enable reclassification to be reversed. However we appreciate that this will have to wait until the immediate COVID-19 crisis is over.”
- Domestic Assistant - Spafield Fold, Holywood
- NIFHA Consultation Responses
- Staying Warm Guide Published
- Support needed to improve sustainability in housing association stock
- FOYER NIGHT SUPPORT WORKERS: 2 posts
- Office Administrator - Housing
- Property Maintenance Officer
- Scheme Coordinator McNeill Court
- NIFHA Welcomes Supporting People Funding
- NIFHA statement on the death of Awaab Ishak