Launch of £8.4m Choice scheme in Belfast
The ambitious development will mark a new chapter for the local community, enhancing the area.
The scheme, was designed by McGirr Architects and is due for completion early 2021. Dungannon contractor; Connolly & Fee will be working with Choice to provide the homes for new tenants, bringing together the best standards and latest energy saving technologies.
The development will accommodate 193 people in a mix of two and three bedroom homes, two bedroom apartments and will also include two wheelchair accessible bungalows.
Michael McDonnell, Chief Executive of Choice said:
“This important project will create 53 high quality homes for tenants and it is another clear commitment from Choice to deliver social housing in areas of need. Our project at Belvedere is good news, particularly for those who are on the social housing waiting list, and will help bring a new vibrancy to the Dunmurry Road area.
“We engaged in a rigorous search to find the best contractors and it is pleasing to appoint an organisation that shares our vision to meet the diverse needs of our future tenants. Connolly & Fee have extensive experience and we look forward to working together to deliver this project.”
Louise Warde Hunter, Deputy Secretary at the Department for Communities added: “This new development in Dunmurry represents a major investment and with a strong mix of houses, apartments and bungalows, this scheme will help meet existing and emerging need in the local area.”
Work on the project started last month and will take two years to complete.
- Housing Bodies Express Concern Over Potential Cuts to DfC Budget
- NIFHA Responds to Department for Communities Budget EQIA Consultation
- Housing waiting list figures show need for investment in new social housing
- NIFHA Launches Local Government Manifesto
- NIFHA CEO notes record year for new social housing
- Domestic Assistant - Spafield Fold, Holywood
- NIFHA Consultation Responses
- Staying Warm Guide Published
- Support needed to improve sustainability in housing association stock
- FOYER NIGHT SUPPORT WORKERS: 2 posts