Supporting Tenants with Universal Credit
FREE workshop on Friday, 23rd March, 11am-2pm at Radius Housing, 7 Racecourse Road, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 7RB.
Universal Credit replaces several means-tested benefits including Housing Benefit. As Housing Benefit makes up much of a housing association’s income, it is therefore important that the operational aspects of this new benefit are understood.
Due to popular demand , NIFHA and Supporting Communities are holding another free workshop for front-line staff that provides an overview of Universal Credit and how it will impact on housing management practices. This workshop will include:
- An overview of Universal Credit
- Universal Credit and your role
- Digital Inclusion
- Supporting tenants to set up an email account
- Uploading documents to the UC portal
- Using Verify
- Protecting tenants against scams
- Available Support for Tenants
- Introduction to Rate Rebate
Spaces to this workshop are limited so it is advised to book your place by email as soon as possible.
- Housing Bodies Express Concern Over Potential Cuts to DfC Budget
- NIFHA Responds to Department for Communities Budget EQIA Consultation
- Housing waiting list figures show need for investment in new social housing
- NIFHA Launches Local Government Manifesto
- NIFHA CEO notes record year for new social housing
- Domestic Assistant - Spafield Fold, Holywood
- NIFHA Consultation Responses
- Staying Warm Guide Published
- Support needed to improve sustainability in housing association stock
- FOYER NIGHT SUPPORT WORKERS: 2 posts