Finance and Governance Training for NIFHA members
Places are limited, so book now to avoid disappointment.
Finance for Non-Financial Managers // Trainer: Jonathan Boggs, Founder JMB
30 January 2018 // Price £120
This half day workshop is designed for non-financial managers or staff who are not proficient in finance and want to become more knowledgeable in the area. The workshop will show you how accounting works. By the end of the day you will have a good understanding of how the income statement (P&L), balance sheet and cash flows fit together. You will appreciate the role of financial management and you will see how to apply your learning to your own organisational environment.
– Understand how the key financial statements fit together and the ‘language’ of financial statements
– Appreciate the relationship between profits and cash flows
– Understand the key drivers of profitability
– Be able to link the numbers with underlying business activities
– Gain an understanding of both management information and financial accounts.
The workshop runs from 10am-2.30pm. Lunch is provided.
Finance Risk Management & Governance
Trainer: Jonathan Boggs, Founder, JMB
23 January or 6 February // Price: £120
At this workshop Jonny Boggs delivers an insight into Financial Risk and Governance strategies for Board Members and Senior staff.
The workshop will be particularly relevant for Board Members who have undertaken one of our previous ‘Introductory Workshops’ or who have some degree of experience and knowledge in the financial affairs of a housing association. It will also benefit senior staff.
– Identify the financial risks facing their association and the controls that should be in place to mitigate these
– Understand the governance procedures that are / should be in place to protect the association against the risks and support the Board to ensure its governance controls are relevant and adequate
– Understand the range of tests for financial viability
– Know what is required to meet the Financial Standards Regulations
Duties, Roles, Responsibilities & Liabilities of a HA Board
Trainers: Jenny Ebbage & Catherine Cooney, Edwards & Co
1 February or 28 February 2018 // Price: £65.00
This short workshop will explain the important role for the boards of management, trustees or committee members of housing associations in taking overall responsibility for the organisation and in making sure that it conducts matters in a transparent and accountable way.The workshop aims to clarify the roles and responsibilities of the housing association board in terms of Governance, Management and Operations. It will help participants develop a greater understanding of the purpose of boards and committees; practical solutions to working effectively together; the legal responsibilities that are applicable to housing association boards including duties under company law, charity law, lobbying, health and safety, child protection, data protection and Revenue Commissioners obligations.
- Domestic Assistant - Spafield Fold, Holywood
- NIFHA Consultation Responses
- Staying Warm Guide Published
- Support needed to improve sustainability in housing association stock
- FOYER NIGHT SUPPORT WORKERS: 2 posts
- Office Administrator - Housing
- Property Maintenance Officer
- Scheme Coordinator McNeill Court
- NIFHA Welcomes Supporting People Funding
- NIFHA statement on the death of Awaab Ishak