There are 20 proposals in total which include:
- An independent, tenure-neutral housing advice service for Northern Ireland;
- A greater choice of areas for all applicants;
- A reduction from three to two in the number of reasonable offers;
- The removal of intimidation points and temporary (interim) accommodation points;
- More emphasis on time waiting by placing applicants in bands based on similar level of need; and
- Specialist properties, such as wheelchair accessible accommodation, should be allocated by a separate process.
The aim of the review is to improve the current allocations system to ensure it meets housing need efficiently and effectively while remaining fair and transparent.
NIFHA are hosting in information event on 27th November 2017 at 10am where departmental officials will provide an overview of the 20 proposals and attendees will have the opportunity to raise any queries or concerns they have.
To book your place at this briefing session please email firstname.lastname@example.org