The EUSE board, with Norman Sterritt (top row, right)
EUSE was established in 1993 to facilitate the development of Supported Employment throughout Europe and its main functions are:
- Influencing European social and economic policy.
- Campaigning and lobbying for the rights of people with significant disabilities to access vocational training and employment.
- Researching and developing models of good practice, staff training, quality standards, self-advocacy, capacity building and legislation.
- Networking with other European Associations and working with worldwide organisations.
- Supporting member organisations to establish their own National Associations.
- Membership services and support for National Associations
A spokesperson for Triangle said: “We’re delighted to have Norman at the heart of the action and the decision making – promoting the importance of the Supported Employment Model – and, of course, representing Triangle!”